Music Therapy at NCMS
What is Music Therapy?
Music Therapy is the specialized use of music by a credentialed professional who develops individualized treatment and supportive interventions with people of all ages and ability levels to address their social, communication, emotional, physical, cognitive, sensory and spiritual needs.
What topics are addressed in a typical Music Therapy session?
Through a series of personalized learning tasks such as singing, movement, rhythm activities, music listening, instrument playing, and recreational music each client and music therapist will select the topics and goals of each music therapy session. These typically vary depending on the needs of the clientele, but may target:
· establishing & building self concept
· reality orientation
· stimulation of the cognitive process
· physical conditioning
· social experiences
Who can benefit from Music Therapy?
Since each music therapy curriculum is completely customized by our Board Certified Music Therapists, people of all ages can benefit from a customized Music Therapy Program.
How Can I Get Involved?
Contact our main office to talk with our staff to see if Music Therapy is right for you. Then schedule a 1 hour consultation with a music therapist. The cost of the consultation is $99. After this consultation, our MT-BC will design a specific curriculum to fit your needs and goals. Most clients choose one of the following instructional formats:
- Private One-On-One Music Therapy sessions
- Small Group Music Therapy sessions
- Music Therapy through Music Outreach
- Work with our Music Therapists to design a program to specifically to fit the needs of your organization.
- Music Outreach programs are available on-site at NCMS or off-site at your host location